Save Gladwyne Village is a group of concerned residents working with the Gladwyne Civic Association who want to retain the village of Gladwyne's historic commercial district. While we know that change is inevitable and even welcomed, we would like to keep our commercial district the charming village we all love. Please click on ACME PROPERTY UPDATES FOR INFORMATION. Learn how you can help support our cause and consider a donation.
ALTERRA GROUP WITHDRAWS PLAN
As of 11-24-21 Alterra Group withdrew its 34 unit apartment plan and has signed an agreement with McCaffrey's Grocery Store. Please see the withdrawal letter under MORE....
The grocery store is expected to open sometime in late 2022.
WANT A LAWN SIGN? EMAIL US YOUR ADDRESS AND WE WILL DELIVER TO YOUR HOME
How can I help and next steps
1. Donate money (any amount helps) toward the legal fees in taking our first step to the Zoning Hearing Board. Our goal is to let Lower Merion Township know that we do not agree with their Preliminary Opinion to move the plan forward. We believe that the Zoning Code is clear in its intent to have a limited number of residential units in our designated commercial district (defined as the Village Center).
2. Come to meetings. Currently, we do not have the date for the Zoning Hearing Board meeting where our lawyer will be stating our case, check back because we will let everyone know when the date/time will be.
3. Place a lawn sign on your property. This will create awareness in the community.
4. EMAIL THE 4 COMMISSIONERS IN OUR AREA. Please click on 'MORE' and click on: EMAIL THE COMMISSIONERS
5. Check back on this website often for updates. Questions? Email: email@example.com